It’s February and now is the time that most of us begin thinking about the warm weather. Unfortunately, Punxsutawney Phil predicted 6 more weeks of winter. But, Kevin Stuhldreher, Chef for Wesley Glen, is bring the Mediterranean right here to Columbus, Ohio. While we wait on the weather, Kevin brings these unique flavors right to our plates. Over warm food and warm company, we almost forget about the weather outside!
Next time you have family and friends over, try this Mediterranean Salmon recipe. “It’s a great recipe for salmon incorporating Mediterranean ingredients and spices. Everyone I’ve made this for loves it,” says Kevin.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 4 (3 ounce) fillets salmon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- Mix together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl. Arrange the salmon fillets in a shallow baking dish. Rub garlic onto the fillets, then pour the vinegar and oil over them, turning once to coat. Season with cilantro, basil, and garlic salt. Set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Preheat your oven’s broiler.
- Place the salmon about 6 inches from the heat source, and broil for 15 minutes, turning once, or until browned on both sides and easily flaked with a fork. Brush occasionally with the sauce from the pan.
Have you used Mediterranean flavors to relieve your winter blues?