How to Become a Wesley Glen Volunteer
Wesley Glen volunteers are required to take certain steps before starting their volunteer responsibilities. These requirements are listed below.
1) Complete a volunteer application.
2) Interview and Tour with the Volunteer Coordinator. You will be called to set up an appointment once your application has been processed. It is, at that point, any remaining paperwork will need to be submitted.
3) Complete an Applicant Authorization form for a background/fingerprint check. A background check/fingerprinting for adults is mandatory in order to become a volunteer.
4) A badge must be obtained in our Human Resource office before your service begins. A valid license, state ID or student ID must be presented to obtain a badge. Adults will be fingerprinted at this time with no cost to the volunteer.
5) Volunteers who work more than 10 hours a month will need a TB test. First and second step. The Wesley Communities Nursing Staff can provide this at no cost to the volunteer.
6) Students in high school must be a least fifteen (15) years of age and in the ninth grade to apply, have parental consent, sign the student contract and dress code and have a seasonal flu shot.
7) All volunteers are required to sign the dress code, confidentiality agreement and have a seasonal flu shot. Which we can provide here at no cost. We also will provide volunteer with a Volunteer T-Shirt.
8) Prospective volunteers who have recently been hospitalized must wait six months before volunteering.
9) Prospective volunteers must be able to work independently and commit to three (3) months and six (6) hours per month. (This can vary, contact Volunteer Coordinator for more information)
10) ALL completed Volunteer paperwork needs to be given to Volunteer Coordinator to file.
* The Wesley Communities does not participate in any court ordered community service hours.