How to Become a Wesley Glen Volunteer
Wesley Glen volunteers are required to take certain steps before starting their volunteer responsibilities. These requirements are listed below.
1) Complete a volunteer application.
2) Once your application has been processed, you will be called to set up an appointment to interview and tour with the Volunteer Coordinator.
3) Complete an Application Authorization form for a background/fingerprint check.
4) Obtain a photo identification badge from our Human Resources office. A valid license, state ID, or student ID must be presented to obtain a badge.
5) Review and sign the dress code, confidentiality agreement, and take a seasonal flu shot. Wesley Glen Health Center can provide the flu shot at no cost; see volunteer coordinator to schedule an appointment.
6) Volunteers who work more than 10 hours a month will need a TB test. The Wesley Glen Health Center can provide this at no cost; see volunteer coordinator to schedule appointments.
7) Prospective volunteers must be able to work independently and commit to three (3) months and at least six (6) hours per month of service. This can vary, contact volunteer coordinator for more information.
8) High school students must be at least fifteen (15) years old, submit parental consent, sign the student contract and dress code contract, and take a seasonal flu shot.
9) Prospective volunteers who have recently been hospitalized must wait six months before volunteering.
10) The Wesley Communities does not participate in court ordered community service hours.
11) All completed volunteer paperwork must be submitted to the volunteer coordinator.