Hospice Chaplin / Bereavement Counselor
Back to Career Opportunities
124 Dorchester Sq
Westerville, OH 43081
As the Hospice Chaplin and Bereavement Counselor you will need to have a flexible schedule. Hours will be mainly Monday-Friday during the day with occasional on call/ after hours required.
You will be responsible for providing spiritual support to patients, families and hospice staff via phone contact, home visits and referrals to the patient/family. The provision of non-denominational spiritual care services to patients, families and/or caregivers is done directly or through coordination of care with other spiritual counselors to ensure that the spiritual needs and concerns of the patient and family are met.
Responsibilities of the Hospice Chaplain / Bereavement Counselor include but are not limited to the following:
- Comprehensive assessment of spiritual needs of the patient and family
- Develop and document plans for spiritual care
- Participate in IDT meetings
- Establish networks with faith communities throughout service areas
- Provide funeral/memorial planning
- Bachelor's Degree in Theology
- Minimum of 1 year experience in dealing with grief and bereavement counseling
- Experience providing ecumenical approach in pastoral care and client counseling
- Experience in Hospice and understanding of hospice philosophy
We are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to include medical and health care insurance including a wide range of supplemental insurances.
EOE Drug Free Workplace