Alzheimer Dementia Care
Specialized programming for memory loss support
Alzheimer Dementia Care at Wesley Glen provides a comprehensive program for those suffering from Alzheimer's Disease, Multi-Infarct Dementia, Parkinson's Disease and other similar dementias.
Individualized programs and activities are tailored to the unique needs of those with memory loss. Residents thrive in the stress-reduced, therapeutic, and safe environment. Care is provided in a residential setting, rather than a medical setting, for a comfortable, home-like atmosphere.
Services and Amenities:
- Assistance with activities of daily living including bathing dressing and medication administration
- Daily meals in Special Care dining room
- Private room & personal curio cabinet for recognition
- 24-hour professional nursing staff
- Utilities, plus cable television
- Housekeeping and maintenance
- High ratio of caregivers to residents
- Specially designed, constructed, and operated facility
- Structured activies such as music therapy, religious programs, exercise, current events, reminiscence, games, outings, pet therapy, and work assignments
- Campus amenities such as a consulting Neurologist, therapy, medical services, lab services, transportation, salon, Chaplain support and more.
Alzheimer Education and Support
Anyone in the outside community, family members from Wesley Glen and especially those who are caregivers to a family member or friend are invited to the Special Care Support Group that meets at Wesley Glen.
The meeting takes place in the conference room on the second Saturday of every month from 10:30 am to 11:30 am.
A variety of speakers from Hospice, Elder Care Attorneys and the Central Ohio Area Agency on Aging come to do presentations or group discussions are held on a topic of interest.
You may RSVP for the support group meeting by going to the Wesley Glen calendar and click on the calendar listing for support group.
For more information contact Lauren Croman at 396-4900.